Special Project Funding
To be eligible to apply for this funding, the project must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be run by currently enrolled Dawson College student(s).
- Target the Dawson College community & student body at large. Project should attempt to reach at least 10% of the student body.
- Must have fundraised 20% of project's finances (ex. Project is 1000$, you should have fundraised a minimum amount of 200$)
- Clubs will NOT be able to transfer their annual budget towards the SPF fundraising rule. 20% of the cost MUST be fundraised. Proof of fundraising will be requested by the DSU's treasurer prior to acceptance of Special Project Funding.
- It is important to note that Special Project Funding acceptance is NOT guaranteed. The DSU's treasurer as well as the Executive Team will sit down and review your proposal.
- Be able to demonstrate a significant level of advancement in its planning, preparation, and have the realistic potential of being achieved in the timeframe given. This should include a formal proposal as well as a detailed budget.
- Special Project Funding allows for a maximum application amount of $3'000.
***According to the protocol agreement signed between The Dawson Student Union and Dawson College the management of Para-Academic clubs/associations remains the sole responsibility and concern of the College. Project(s) related to Para-Academics will not be funded through the DSU Special Project Funding.***
*Para- Academic clubs/associations are defined as those with affiliations to the Academic Sector, which may include the involvement of a faculty or College representative, require affiliation with the College for competition purposes and are associated with academically oriented pursuits.*
Special Project Funding is awarded 4 times a year. The deadlines for Special Project Funding Requests for FALL 2016/WINTER 2017 are :
- SPF Deadline Monday October 9th 2017 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday October 16th 2017 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday November 27th 2017 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday December 4th 2017 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday February 4th 2018 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday February 12th 2018 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday March 26th 2018 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday April 2nd 2018 - 4:30pm
All funding is provided to projects in the form of reimbursement expenses. Approved projects will be required to submit ORIGINAL receipts for all requisitioned expenditures. *Large sum cheques will require an invoice*.
Please contact the DSU Treasurer - Cheranda Fraser Williams (Treasurer@dawsonstudentunion.com) or
DSU Chairperson - Anthony Williams (Chairperson@dawsonstudentunion.com) should you have any questions regarding your application.